Sunday, June 10, 2012

To blog or to blog

We're moving from San Diego to Pittsfield, Maine. We both got jobs at Maine Central Institute. The school is a private school with 40% of students from elsewhere who are boarders and 60% of students from surrounding towns.  MCI serves as the public high school for locals, too.  Jared went to high school here and now (well, by August) he'll be the Assistant Director of their Annual Fund (fundraising with alumni) and I'll be the Dorm Director for the girl's dorm. We'll live in the dorm with 40 girls and three other adults. The school is two blocks away from Jared's brother Aaron and his family (Andrea, Victoria, Amelia, Audrey, Ava, Alice & Andrew!) and a little over a mile away from his parents and Nana.

Big change. Very excited. When all this came about, my dad, who just moved to Klawock, Alaska, a little over a year ago and has been blogging about his move and new home, asked me, "Are you going to blog about it?"

My immediate response was no. I've been neglecting my writing, my creative writing, for too long. But, as I sit down at Blazing Laptops to write, stories are coming out about our plans. So, I've reconsidered. This blog is going to do both. I'll post my Brown Bag pieces (if they relate) on here and anything else I come up with. It's definitely not going to be my father's more play-by-play blog, but here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment